Bodegas La Purísima. A modern cooperative.
Bodegas La Purísima is a cooperative with the reputation of an international wine producer, since our wines are enjoyed in over 30 countries. We are a young, modern, up-to-date wine producer, led by a woman, María Teresa Ruiz González.
We are a young team, and incorporating technical sales representatives, international advisory, oenologists and a marketing team, whose shared goal is to produce the best quality wines of Yecla.
Our production is distributed between bulk wines, and elaborated bottled wines and own brands everyday of better quality, which have achieved deserved acclaim and have awarded in several national and international wine competitions.
Monastrell is the main grape variety, although we also count on the production of other varieties in order to create high quality blends and single varieties.
Wine Cellar Data
- Graphic database of the plots around the wine cellar with GPS localisation system.
- System for the management of admissions and total traceability of the harvest.
- Stainless steel hoppers with crusher-stemmer and sulphite dispenser.
- Temperature control equipment with power of 1,000,000 frigories..
- Pneumatic presses.
- Thermovinification equipment.
- Elaboration area for red wines with stainless steel self-dischargers, equipped with automatic overpumping systems and real time temperature control.
- Elaboration area for white wines, equipped for carrying out fermentations. image
- Maceration tanks for red wines of capacities from 10,000 to 100,000 kg.
- Subterranean storage tanks with constant temperature throughout the year.
- Isothermal tanks.
- Centrifugal equipment.
- Filtering equipment.
- Cooling and cold stabilisation equipment.
- Micro-filtering equipment.
- Bottling equipment.
- Bottling with a bag-in-box micro-filtering system.
- Maturing plant with controlled humidity and temperature which houses 1000 French and American oak barrels.
- Bottle ageing plant with capacity for 500,000 bottles.
The star of the wine cellar
Bodegas La Purísima currently has 3325 Ha of vines, representing around 60% of the Yecla Denomination of Origin area..
At Bodegas La Purísima, we have almost 100 Ha of ungrafted Monastrell vines, authentic vines which have grown on our land without being planted, bearing witness to the vines of our predecessors and providing us with authentic wines impregnated with the essence of our land.
Monastrell is the variety which is best suited to our land, as it can grow in poor, arid soils, and is resistant to hot, dry summers. Other varieties such as Airen, Tempranillo, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah are also cultivated.
Quality and Tradition
The majority of our plots are planted using massal selection techniques, with the farmer carrying out all the plantation work and selecting the vines from which shoots will be extracted to plant new vines. In this manner we maintain the tradition and quality of our vines.
We grow organic vines
Ecological agriculture is a way of cultivating and caring for the earth without using toxic chemical products, fertilisers, pesticides, herbicides, etc.
At Bodegas La Purísima we cultivate ecological vines, based on traditional know-how, thus recovering lost aromas and flavours whilst protecting and caring for our environment
The ecological Estio and Valcorso are two wines with all the character and flavour of the best wines of our cellar. Elaborated with grapes from ecological agriculture, both count on certification from the Murcia Region Ecological Agriculture Board, thus guaranteeing the authenticity of the ecological wines.